Judge Dredd Trading Cards - Mick McMahon
Pt.2: The Judge Child & Angel Gang
This is the second part of veteran Judge Dredd/2000AD legend, art droid Mick McMahon's trading card collection for Collector’s Edge in 1995.
For those of you new to Judge Dredd or the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic™, I cannot overemphasise how important the McMahon droid and his work is to 2000AD, and Judge Dredd in particular.
Responsible for Dredd’s classic chunky boots and dynamically functional street uniform-style, as well as his prolific output, involved in many of the Mega-City Lawman's most memorable cases, inc.The Day The Law Died, The Cursed Earth, The Judge Child (co-creating The Angel Gang) and many more vintage gems - not to mention drawing credits on favourite titles such as the A.B.C. Warriors and Slaine…pure class!
- The Judge Child Saga: Judge Dredd goes up against the monstrous toad, Sagbelly
- A certain female Rookie Judge Hershey, is hand-picked by Judge Dredd to accompany him on the interstellar mission to find the Judge Child, due to her potential - she would not disappoint her mentor, going on to be Chief-Judge..twice!
- Possibly McMahon's most famous creations in the comic - feared Texas City badlands outlaw family, The Angel Gang.
- And the most-feared of the Angel family, world-class headbuttist the Mean-Machine - he has a surgically implanted dial on his head that sets his mood from 1: Surly, 2: Mean, 3:Vicious & 4: Brutal!
- Mean-Machine Angel ‘goes up ta four' on Judge Dredd - his sworn enemy.
- Long-lost Angel brother, Fink, “King of the Cursed Earth poisoners" comes to Mega-City One looking for revenge on Judge Dredd and the crew that hunted down his family in “The Judge Child”. .Armed with his trademark ‘pizens’, deadly spiked slingshot and accompanied by his enormous Cursed Earth mutated pet, “Ratty”, (both sporting matching bowler hats!), the skeletal figure cut an eerie swathe through the City's sewers!