Stolen from Rol.
1. Movie you love with a passion.
- First thought was to write in Star Wars, but it’s such an obvious answer, and - in all honesty - I’d have to say that the passion (and by God, once it was a white-hot, fiery passion) has dimmed over the last few years for reasons that should be obvious.
So, I may have to go with something like Blade Runner or Repo Man. Or The Big Lebowski. Something that rewards in different ways each time you watch it.
No, scrap that - The Fountain.
2. Movie you vow to never watch.
- The Sound of Music. I’ve made it this far, it would be a shame to fail now.
3. Movie that literally left you speechless.
- Fight Club. It had passed me by in the cinema, and I was lent it - forcefully - by a friend, in that “Man, you have got to fucking watch this!” fashion.
What a film. I watched it twice in a row, gave it back with great thanks and then bought my own copy on DVD that same night.
4. Movie you always recommend.
- Gremlins. You can’t go wrong recommending Gremlins. Or Back To The Future.
5. Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.
- I watched Mammoth, starring Summer Glau. For which she must also owe me dinner.
6. Actor/actress you don’t get the appeal for.
- Robert DeNiro. I just can’t see it. He has the same tics and mannerisms for every role he plays. That’s not acting.
7. Actor/actress, living or dead, you’d love to meet.
8. Sexiest actor/actress you’ve seen. (Picture required!)
9. Dream cast.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman, Penelope Cruz, Richard Dreyfuss and Winona Ryder.
10. Favorite actor pairing.
- Richard E. Grant and Paul McGann.
11. Favorite movie setting.
12. Favorite decade for movies.
- The Seventies. Before it all went wrong.
13. Chick flick or action movie?
- Action movie, although I have been known to watch the occasional chick flick. Depends on the chick.
14. Hero, villain or anti-hero?
15. Black and white or color?
- Don’t mind. Great love for black and white movies, though.